I finished up my 2012 goal setting in Pacific City (home of the other Haystack Rock on the Oregon coast) yesterday. A perfect one-night getaway from Portland — ocean view from our inn, beers at Pelican Pub & Brewery, walking on the beach, morning mimosas, and a rainy, but stunning afternoon hike out to Cape Lookout. Exceptional way to end 2011!
So as Part 3 of my End-of-the-Year wrap-up, here are a few of the things on my list for 2012…
- Grow savings to $X
- Sublet condo for 1-2 months
- Apply to at least one new credit card for airline miles (only did 1 in 2011, but for 80,000 miles)
- Make more money
- Plan an iPhone app
- Work remotely (not in Portland) for 1-3 months
- Roll over 401k
- Run a 5k
- Continue 3-5x week fitness plan
- No alcohol for 1 month
- Volunteer again
- Travel to South America or Portugal
- Visit NYC, San Francisco, Boston or Savannah (essentially: another US city).
- Attend 12 new Portland things (this one gets more difficult every year!)
- Go on a quarterly getaway trip with boyfriend (Oregon/Northwest etc)
- Find a mentor
- Sew/craft something again (it’s been way too long since I’ve used my sewing machine!)
- Find more girlfriends (with my best friend moving to Hawaii, I’m recognizing that I’m going to have to be a bit more proactive about getting closer with current friends and making more friends in 2012).
And to kick things off, January is going to be some kind of hybrid “be healthier and cook at home” goal + no alcohol. And with that, Happy New Year!
Part 1 – Yearly Goal Setting Template
Part 2 – 2011 Year-End-Review: So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu…
Part 3 – My 2012 Goals
What’s on your 2012 goal list?