It’s time once again to take a little peek at my Foursquare checkins & Foodspotting pics, as I’ve hit another 50 new places to eat. This time around, Portland had a little competition from the San Juan Islands, Vancouver, and the Oregon coast. So here are the new restaurants, bars, and coffee shops I’ve been to lately…
- Arabian Breeze (now Nicholas 2) – so so, Ya Hala is still my favorite
- Spella Cafe – Affogato!
- Apizza Scholls – doesn’t everyone love Apizza Scholls? I would give it another try, but not a fan of ordering a giant pizza and then discovering I totally misordered, but I’m stuck with a pizza that I don’t like.
- Mudai Lounge
- St Jack – I’ve been hearing awesome things about St Jack, so we finally headed to brunch there last month, and I was so disappointed! The pain au chocolate from the bakery was great. My omelet, not so much. Only 25% of our brunch party enjoyed it. Sad. I still want to give their dinner menu a try though.
- Sip Juicery – love love love. This little juice cart is outside of People’s Co-op and is one of my new favorite places to stop. Chocolate peanut butter. Say no more. The berry ginger is also super tasty.
- Green Dragon
- Gorditos Mexican, Everett, WA – Yelp fail
- Maloulas, Friday Harbor, WA – Yelp fail. Ok, more like Friday Harbor is just expensive. Not that great.
- Lime Kiln Cafe, Roche Harbor, WA – brilliant. As I mentioned in my post about biking from Friday Harbor, I hope my recommendation isn’t skewed from riding the 9.5 miles there. :) Yelp, you are redeemed.
- Downriggers Restaurant, Friday Harbor, WA – blackened salmon sandwich and sweet potato fries quite tasty after our ride out to Roche Harbor.
- World’s Skinniest Latte Shop, Friday Harbor, WA – carrot, apple, ginger juice was tasty
- Rocky Bay Cafe, Friday Harbor, WA
- Stark Naked Pizza – tasty
- The Wrapture (food cart) – meh
- Diamond Thai (food cart) – I don’t know about their food, but crazy cheap and refreshing Thai iced tea
- Caffe Umbria – it’s like Portland’s Little Italy in one coffee shop
- Fifty Licks
- Central – this place is almost too cool for school. Our last stop on an impromptu DIY cocktail crawl. Complex, no seriously, cocktails.
- Waves Coffee House, Vancouver, BC – good paninis
- Uva Wine Bar, Vancouver, BC – I just ordered a beer. (at our Meet, Plan, Go hosts meetup at TBEX)
- Guu, Vancouver, BC – I was really excited to try this Izakaya restaurant, but we were short on time and I only ordered one thing. Boo.
- Steamworks Brewing Company, Vancouver, BC – not that great. Also, there was a mouse in the bathroom. True story.
- Smiley’s Public House, Vancouver, BC – free drink tickets are fine by me, TripAdvisor’s After Party for TBEX.
- Giovane Cafe, Vancouver, BC
- Japadog, Vancouver, BC – seriously tasty veggie dog!
- Thai Pod – zero atmosphere, but my new favorite place when I just want some pad thai
- Crow Bar – typical Mississippi Ave dive bar
- Manzanita News & Espresso, Manzanita, OR – Manzanita is one of my favorite cities on the Oregon coast.
- Delta Cafe – so much good food. I want to go back.
- B-Side Tavern
- Rontoms – Hey look, I finally went to Rontoms. Hipster.
- Gilt Club – Another place I finally went to. We stopped at Gilt for a drink after riding around town one night.
- Fruitilandia – smoothies
- Cricket Cafe
- Irving St Kitchen – awesome happy hour. This one had been on my list to try for a while, and their mac & cheese is delicious.
- La Buca
- The Slammer Tavern
- McMenamin’s Grand Lodge – Perfect weekend getaway from Portland. Disc golf, bocce, Ruby, movie theater, soaking pool etc. Typical McMenamins, a little quirky, some history, lots of fun and easy on the bank account. :)
- Hair of the Dog Brewery
- Katie O’Brien’s
- Foster Burger – I love it that Foster Burger was in Bon Appetit magazine. A had the kiwi burger and a strawberry shake. So filling.
- Tiny’s Coffee
- The Globe – The Globe is one of my recent favorite happy hours. Caramelized onion & blue cheese pizza for $6!
- Water Avenue Coffee
- Alder Pastry & Dessert – fairly new place on Burnside. They have gelato too.
- Fire on the Mountain
- Helser’s on Alberta – German pancake. Yum.
- Santeria – this place used to be called El Grillo. Even though it’s right between Tugboat Brewing & Bailey’s Taproom, I never really noticed it. Good for late night food. Interestingly, the bathrooms are through the back door — in a strip club (Mary’s Club). Giggle-worthy.
- Accanto – They should have named Accanto Genoa Jr. Tasty gnocchi & cheap happy hour menu.
- Dante’s – ewww
How it all started: I had a goal to visit one new restaurant a week.
1-52: Go To 52 New Restaurants – 30 Before 30 List
53-103: 52 [More] New Restaurants
104-156: 156 New Portland Restaurants, Bars, Coffee Shops in 299 Days
157-208: 208 New Places in One Year
What new places have you tried lately?