I love the routine of returning to my favorite fall things every October. An afternoon treat that I love to make is homemade chai spice lattes. I originally found a recipe on the The Kitchn for a Pumpkin Spice Latte, but ended up adapting it to what I typically have in my kitchen. So it’s more of a chai spice latte, but still amazing.
Chai Tea Latte Recipe
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1/2 to 1 TB of sugar (depending on your sweet tolerance)
- 1 TB of pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup of double strength coffee (you can also just use an instant coffee packet in less water, or refrigerate your extra double strength coffee to make this again tomorrow)
- Boil water for the tea bag and let steep in a 1/2″ of water.
- Combine the milk and sugar in a saucepan and cook on medium heat, stirring. When it starts to warm, pour the small tea mixture (and bag) into the saucepan. Remove tea bag after a couple minutes.
- Remove from heat when the milk is steaming, and stir in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk to make it frothy.
- Pour in mug and add the coffee on top.
What’s your favorite fall drink?