All successful journeys begin with a positive vision.
This post is part of my Apartment Therapy Spring Cure 2010, so if you’re not keen to follow along then come back in 8 weeks. ;)
Now, for some honesty… I didn’t actually do anything cure-ish this week, but perhaps that’s because I already have a “vision” for my apartment and I did the cure a few years ago. Anyway, I did re-read chapter 1 and I suppose this next week will be a little more work, since it focuses on the kitchen. :] Join the cult.
Week 1 To Do List:
- List of repairs – drywall mud to fill all the little holes I made while hanging curtains :P
- Vacuum/mop floors
- Remove one item from your apartment and put it outside – does my kitteh count?
- Buy fresh flowers – purple tulips from the farmers market :)
- Sit for 10 minutes in a part of your home that you never sit in – in <600 sq ft there isn’t really part of my home that I “never sit in”, unless you count the floor directly in front of my balcony, which I did spend some time napping in the sunshine over the weekend. :P
- Look into earth-friendly cleaning products – I use Method.
On to week 2 and the kitchen! Oh and an update on my Liberty of London obsession… I now have: a storage bin, file box, 2 mugs, tray, gardening gloves, sundress, piggy bank… and. that. is. all. I’ve decided on several occasions not to buy anything else… but I would probably tackle someone if I spotted one of the teapots in-store… and I wouldn’t mind the bicycle either…