Oh, summer! You’ve finally arrived. Here are a few things that made me happy, happy, happy in June.
1. summer! & lazing about Col Summers Park
2. an impromptu cocktail crawl to Beaker & Flask, Veritable Quandary, and Central. (not as a cheap as a pub crawl fyi, ouch.)
3. I found this delightful, blue tank at Anthropologie. I like to think I look a tad bit happier with my new shirt, than this gal here is.
4. Vancouver for TBEX! My first time back to Vancouver since I was a little one. I didn’t get to see much of the city on my trip, so definitely on my list to revisit soon. I have more food carts to explore. Japadog was quite tasty. (It was also really fun seeing the excited crowds of Canucks fan after game 5 before the Bruins riots debacle happened.).
5. Camping at Nehalem Bay. We got rained out, but it was gorgeous on the Friday we arrived, and still one of my favorite campgrounds on the Oregon coast.
6. Gorgeous Portland sunsets. I caught this one from the Hawthorne Bridge, biking home on summer solstice.
7. Turning 30! Celebrating at Pix & I got a Public bikes basket for my birthday :)
8. new haircut. I look like my mom in the 70s.
9. Pedalpalooza. My first year participating in the Pedalpalooza fun, and Bike Noir was the coolest mystery theater/theater by bike/group ride… like evah!
10. Cooking – a combo of the farmer’s market and sunshine had me cooking a bit more last month. It was fun to pull out a few of my summer staples, like Tuna Nicoise sandwiches, and my favorite super fresh salad: lime, avocado, corn, and tomato salad.