I am now half done with #58! I just finished Hemingway’s A Moveable Feast this weekend, and absolutely loved it. For being such a bookworm, I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I’d previously only ever read portions of Hemingway. So after finishing A Movable Feast I put holds on 5 more of his books at the library!
- Animal Farm by George Orwell – I checked this one off the list in 2007
- 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez – this was a slow read for me. It was good, not the greatest book ever, but I enjoyed it.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand – loved it — one of my new favorite books! Yes, it could be condensed (1200 pages!), but it’s a still an excellent read. After several recommendations, I finally checked it out at the library.
- A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
- Slapstick or Lonesome No More by Kurt Vonnegut – I typically enjoy Vonnegut, but this book just didn’t click with me. For whatever reason, it took me ages to finish as I kept reading other books in between!
OK, five classics down, and five to go. What should I read next?