My room was featured in this week’s post on Apartment Therapy! It’s great motivation to finish the 8 week cure. Of which, I’m almost done with the “chore list” for this week. I declared yesterday Fall Cleaning (I know, it doesn’t have the same ring to it as Spring Cleaning).
- Wash: sheets, duvet, mattress pad, duvet cover
- Flip the mattress
- Put summer clothes in underbed storage
- Bagged up 2 garbage bags full of clothes for the Goodwill
- Pour vinegar/baking soda down the drain
- Scrub the tub/shower
- Washed vinyl shower curtain
- Clean coffee maker
- Shred mass amounts of paper: Aurora AS420C Desktop Style Crosscut Paper Shredder with Basket
I’m considering throwing my pillow in the washing machine. It’s old and probably full of allergens, so if the wash doesn’t do it any good (ie. ruins it), I’ll just have to buy a new one. And I’ve decided not to buy an air filter. This isn’t Houston or New York, so I don’t feel like the incoming air is too bad, maybe in another cure.
As for the iPod alarm clock, I’m considering purchasing this one: Jwin Electronics I177WHT Ipod Speaker Sy I like that it’s white, so it won’t look so out of place in my room, but I’m still not totally convinced. It has pretty good reviews though.
Next up: Look into ways to improve sleep, and consider extra lighting.