Things that feel amazing: clicking the “Buy now” button on a flight. Even if you’ve had a trip partially planned already, clicking “purchase” makes it official — you’re going somewhere, it’s a done deal. At which point you can yell “I’m going to [insert destination]!!!” (Some of us don’t stop yelling this every few hours for about a week)
So four days into 2012, I clicked the fateful “buy” button on a ticket to Hawaii for March! It feels good to be crossing a travel goal off my 2012 Goals list already, and I’m excited to be making my goal of working remotely for 1-3 months actually happen. What else is on my travel list this year?
2012 Travel Goals:
- Work remotely (not in Portland) for 1-3 months
- Sublet/Airbnb my condo for 1-2 months (see above goal)
- Try kiteboarding in Hawaii
- Apply to at least one new credit card for airline miles
- Travel to South America (Chile please!) or Portugal for 2+ weeks
- Visit a new island in the Caribbean
- Try couchsurfing
- Visit NYC, San Francisco, Boston or Savannah (essentially: another US city that I haven’t been to)
- Be a traveler at home: attend 12 new Portland things
- Go on a quarterly getaway trip with boyfriend (overnight or weekend trip in Oregon/Northwest etc)
- Take a “spontaneous” same-day trip (using HotelTonight etc)
- Take a digital sabbatical (no social media/email) while on a trip
What’s on your 2012 travel list?
Next up on my list, I need to sublet my condo in Portland for the month. So if you know of anyone who wants to see what it’s like to be a Portlander for a month (albeit not our best month weather-wise, but I still love my city!) in a cute little condo overlooking the river and on the Streetcar line, send them my way please!