With over 150 wineries in the Willamette Valley, Portlanders are pretty lucky to be able to drive out to wine country for a quick weekend getaway, or even an afternoon tasting. Here’s what a trip to Oregon wine country looks like in August. We stayed at Hotel Oregon in McMinnville. And spent time biking and driving to Willamette Valley vineyards.
We biked 6 miles around the North Valley Rd area of Newberg near Bergstrom Winery. Favorites were: the coziness of Brick House Vineyards, the view (& picnicking at Penner-Ash), sunsets from the rooftop bar at Hotel Oregon, and hammocks at Anne Amie Vineyard.
Willamette Valley wineries in pictures…
Oregon Wine Country Tips:
- Check out Willamette Valley Wineries maps.
- Check hours and reservation requirements before you go.
- Have a few ideas of where you want to visit, but also be spontaneous for a few stops!
- Drive time from Portland: 1 hour.
- Wine tasting can catch up to you quickly! Use a designated driver or stay locally!