Greetings. I have returned from one of my new favorite cities, and here’s what I’m loving this week.
–NOLA! This city exceeded my expectations. So much to love… To be continued. (also, this falls under the category of last week).
– Fall leaves at Mt Tabor – Saturday was crazy sunny and nice out… like SUMMER. It was fabulous to walk around on Mt Tabor in the sunshine and still be able to take pictures of fall leaves, and then I “found” a giant pumpkin at Sip Juice cart. So pretty.
– Bamboo Sushi – Finally got around to going to Bamboo Sushi, and I’m afraid that it’s going to be a costly new favorite restaurant. So. much. good. food.
– L’Orient Express sign – Sometimes I see travel signs or maps or globes and I get a little carried away. I found a vintage-y 5 foot tall Orient Express sign on Rue La La this weekend. Sold.
– If I’m reading an article online and there’s a page 2, I’ll usually opt for being done on page 1. This article about how Zooey Deschanel can stop pretending she’s a dork was hilarious though and I continued on to page 2. Nicely done.
– Rum Club – Planned a surprise birthday drinks meetup for boyfriend, and I must say Rum Club is the perfect place to randomly find seating for 10 people on a Monday night (ok, that task isn’t too difficult on a Monday, I know). Beaker & Flask, I approve. Also, planning surprises might possibly be more fun than getting surprises.
– Ice cream sandwiches – Birthday cakes… meh. I made ice cream sandwiches instead. Sans candles, but I don’t think 33 candles would have fit anyway.
– Meet, Plan, Go! Portland – Getting excited for Meet, Plan, Go! Portland at Ace Hotel next week. It’s an event we’ve been planning for what seems like ages, so I’m both super excited and a wee bit terrified to be speaking on the panel about solo female travel and career breaks. It’s going to be awesome, you should come.