Despite the torrential downpour on Sunday, I had a great time at Bumbershoot! The upside of the crappy weather, was fewer lines everywhere. I seriously have no excuse for not going to Bumbershoot previously, and I think I’ll be making the yearly trek up to Seattle.
- Christian Lander’s Stuff White People Like — fun to hear the back-story and a few readings, looking forward to the possible TV show!
- Aziz Ansari (produce guy on Flight of the Conchords & Tom on Parks & Rec) — hilarious, I didn’t know he did stand-up, but it was brilliantly funny. I loved the internet research/IMDB bit as I’m sometimes that person who wastes time looking everything up. ;)
- Flatstock — I bought a lovely poster from Strawberry Luna
- Yeah Yeah Yeahs — mediocre
- Wild Rose (one woman theater show) — so funny, loved it!
- Michael Franti & Spearhead — good show… and I had no idea he was so ridiculously tall, I kept thinking there were children on the stage, but it was just regular people ;)
- Jason Mraz — good show and I ended up recognizing more of his songs than I originally thought I knew.
- Wyatt Cenac & Eugene Mirman — both funny! Wyatt is very much Jon Stewart funny (yeah, he’s on the Daily Show now), where Eugene Mirman is all kinds of silly… he’s just plain silly, but then you have to laugh because he just stands up there and says silly things. Isn’t laughing fun?
- The Black Eyed Peas — I was surprised that they were during the day instead of a headlining band, good show though. The power went out during their “My Lady Humps” song, lol
- Free Starbucks — this was neat, if you had a registered SBUX card with you, you could get into the “green room” area & have free drinks. Yes, please!
- Franz Ferdinand — good show, for some reason I mix them up with Kaiser Chiefs…
- Modest Mouse — less than stellar. I seriously don’t know why they were a headliner!
I think Coldplay should be a mainstage band next year… that would be brilliant!