This week, I finally posted about my travels through Turkey last fall. Yes, it was about time, I know!
Istanbul is one of my favorite cities, and I’d go back in an instant. I occasionally find myself searching for flights even though I have no immediate plans to return. ;) I loved having a week to relax and check out Istanbul at a snail’s pace, and I still feel like there’s so much more to see there. My favorite experiences were bathing at the hamam, exploring my first mosque, stuffing my face with Turkish delights at the Spice Bazaar, shopping at the book stalls behind the Grand Bazaar, the sound of Turkish pop music and…
My 7 Days in Istanbul:
- Overnight on the Orient Express to Istanbul
- The Cleanest Girl in Istanbul – A Trip to the Hamam
- The Blue Mosque & Belly Dancing
- Overdosing on Turkish Delight
- Forget Harem Pants, Visit the Harem at Topkapi Palace
(I’ve left the posts in my 2008 archives) Dear Türkiye, I love you.
AnilOctober 3, 2009 at 6:46 am
It’s a beautiful city, my favorite.