I’ve been focused more on cooking at home this month, but there are loads of new restaurants that opened in the last month or so here in Portland, and I’m anxious to start checking more off my list. In time, in time. So without further ado, here are 52 new restaurants I’ve checked out lately:
- Sweet Hereafter – Crowwwded, but fun new places by The Bye and Bye folks
- Straight from New York Pizza – also newish
- Nuestra Cocina – I almost just typed cocaine. Fantastic fish. And best house margaritas in Portland. Been back a few times since this. :)
- Pie Spot food cart
- Thai Peacock
- Ruby Jewels Scoops
- Euro Trash food cart
- Sontum Gai Yang food cart
- Batavia – Indonesian food cart
- Da-Pressed Coffee Cart
- Bar Mingo – atmosphere when we were there was so-so, cheese plate was delicious
- Vivace – mmm crepes!
- Everybody’s Brewing, White Salmon, Washington
- Jimmy John’s – apparently this is a newish chain in Portland. I was waiting for the MAX and ran across the street. They were horrifyingly quick.
- The Ruby Slipper, New Orleans – quick breakfast service if you sit at the bar
- JAX Brewery
- Apple Barrel Bar, New Orleans – sooo smoky, but fun because it’s a different vibe than most of the bars on Frenchman St
- Capdeville, New Orleans
- d.b.a. Frenchmen Street, New Orleans – best sazerac in NOLA!
- Cafe du Monde, New Orleans – a required experience I suppose :)
- Stanley, New Orleans – seriously tasty breakfast and great location by St Louis Cathedral on Jackson Square (also of note, they have a “Service Bar” next store so you can get coffee while you wait. Kind of like a more formal version of how most breakfast places in Portland offer coffee while you wait).
- Johnny’s Po-Boys, New Orleans – one of these could feed a small village
- Three Muses, New Orleans – my first French75 + amazing Gorgonzola cheese fries
- La Davina Gelateria, New Orleans
- Lafitte’s Blacksmith Shop, New Orleans – the original dive bar
- Gumbo Shop, New Orleans – late night mashed potatoes
- CC’s Community Coffee House
- 13, New Orleans – so Portland. I’m a little embarrassed that I went back later for the tachos after more Frenchman Street music.
- Juan’s Flying Burrito, New Orleans – After taking the St Charles streetcar line to the end, we wandered around Magazine Street and decided on Mexican food. :)
- The Carousel Bar & Lounge, New Orleans – the rotating bar in NOLA
- The Spotted Cat Music Club, New Orleans – superb music, ok drinks
- Antoine’s Annex, New Orleans – cute little coffee shop tucked in an alleyway
- El Gato Negro, New Orleans – more Mexican? Well I wanted breakfast, and settled for tacos and a margarita.
- Cascade Burger @ Cartlandia – amazing burger, and the owner is a riot
- Just Thai
- Burnside Brewing Co – fun newish brew pub in PDX
- Bamboo Sushi – 5 stars! my new favorite sushi spot in Portland. I have dreams about the Green Machine roll and black cod
- Rum Club – new spot by Beaker & Flask (and it’s next door) Best Old Fashioned in Portland, in my book
- Floyd’s Coffee (a new location, this totally counts!) – love this new location though perfect corner window to get coffee, right next to NedSpace on 3rd
- Kettlemen Bagel Company – not sure how I managed to avoide Kettlemen’s for so long. I get overwhelmed in bagel shops. Too many options.
- Cascade Brewing Barrel House
- Trader Vic’s – I attended a Yelp Elite event here. The Mai Tais were nice and strong
- Monsoon Thai Cuisine
- Tonic Lounge
- Roost – newish breakfast place on Belmont
- Rain or Shine Coffee House
- Via Tribunali – best new pizza place in PDX? Word. Also $5 pizza Margarita for Happy Hour (I’m cheating on Pyro pizza now)
- Tijuana Flats, St Petersburg, Florida
- Pizzaria & Cafe, Tampa, Florida – so descriptive
- The Castle, Ybor, Tampa, Florida – hilarious
- Central Cafe & Organics, St Petersburg – I was really hoping to like this place, but they seemed a bit put off by people coming in to order things. Tasty granola anyway. :)
How it all started: I had a goal to visit one new restaurant a week.
1-52: Go To 52 New Restaurants – 30 Before 30 List
53-103: 52 [More] New Restaurants
104-156: 156 New Portland Restaurants, Bars, Coffee Shops in 299 Days
157-208: 208 New Places in One Year
209-260: 52 More New Restaurants: Portland, San Juans & Vancouver, BC
261-312: New Restaurant Fatigue #312!
What new restaurants have you been to lately?